Friday, November 9, 2007

toxic relationships

Today, I started thinking about myself at the time when I finished my 4-year relationship (it was at the beginning of July). At that time, I sincerely believed that I didn’t want to be in any relationship anymore. That I can be happy being single. I thought that I couldn’t make anyone happy because I cannot love and I’m too self-centered. That I only knew how to hurt people and things like that. Now I realize that it’s so untrue. It was him that almost made me believe that. Actually, he succeeded in that. Luckily, it took me not that much time to discover that the reality is not as I thought. I can be in a relationship. I can take about other person and I can love. Shit! Why do sometimes others make you believe that you’re different from who you really are? … Do they subconsciously want to destroy you? Why doesn’t the opinion about ourselves depend on us only? Probably, we’re not objective enough. However, others does not necessarily have to be either. Maybe, it should be a mix from different sources. Maybe, then it will reflect the reality? Do others really know who we are? Do we know who we are?

No comments: