Sunday, November 11, 2007

interpretation of being neglected

It's midnight. I'm still working. At the same time my skype is on. I'm expecting him to sign in but apparently he is sleeping now. That's bad because today, he promised me that he would be on line for 100%. Ok, probably something happened and he cannot do it. Maybe, he was too tired after day spent with his family doing shopping. Maybe, something else. Or maybe... I'm just trying to justify him and deny that he doesn't care about me?

That's actually very interesting dilemma. Either you're crazy imagining the worst stuff and being very suspicious or you say that everything is fine and thus you have explanation for everything that worries you (and somehow you deny problems if they really exist). Which situation is better to apply? The answer is - you never know.

If you choose the first one you may be perceived as someone really crazy who tries to search for problems everywhere. In my last relationship, I didn't have this approach. I took the second option where I was trying to justify everything but subconciously I was denying every negative sign. My approach didn't work out. So which one is better? The first one - maybe even a lighter version without freaking out but with being aware that truth may be painful. Or the second one - the one that keeps you calm all the time but sometimes it may put your attention down and thus you will not realize when problems appear.

Both of them seems bad. And apparently there is no third way.

No comments: