Friday, April 18, 2008

impressions

We often have certain impressions. We express them "I think", "I guess", "In my opinion", "I have the feeling", "I have the impression".

The worst thing about them is that they are very subjective. We never know whether we are right or not. That's why the very good thing is when we receive an objective piece of information and we can verify our impressions...

Since last night, I've been officially single. I went out yesterday, got drunk a bit and then had the idea to call A. (my [technically still] boyfriend at that time). I told him it would be better if we became friends. He agreed and today he confirmed that in the email by saying that friendship would work unlike relationship. I felt relieved.

In the meantime, he said he had been angry at me and that was why he didn't call me. He was expecting me to call especially because he had some problems. He missed my support. At that point I had a totally opposite impression. From the conversation on the phone and on line we'd had before I was almost sure that he was not really willing to share his problems with me and he didn't want any of my support. That was why I got pissed off and decided not to call. And yesterday he told me that I hadn't cared at all...

Well, I have no regrets at the moment. The ultimate solution of this situation is good and I am happy about it.

And I am happy about another thing. About the fact that my impression was wrong. I have a lot of impressions and in love/relationship cases they are usually negative or pessimistic. What I heard yesterday just proves that my impressions might easily be wrong. So that's another lesson saying that I should be more careful when having certain impressions. I hope I will apply it successfully next time.

No comments: