Sunday, December 30, 2007

5 straight guys and me

If you think that I had crazy group sex with 5 straight guys you’re unfortunately wrong. I just met them and had some interesting and funny conversation. They are all friends of my friend with whom I was spending Christmas in one of the country in southern Europe.

She is my flat mate and she once mentioned them that I was gay. However when I arrived and met them for the first time (God! The first meeting was so boring – they were all speaking their native language and I couldn’t break into the conversation or maybe I was just blocked…) they didn’t seem to realize anything. However, in the middle of the second meeting (with a lot of wine and beers) they started asking questions or joking. Their jokes were not offensive. They were actually joking about being gay (joking in an acceptable way) or sometimes behaving like gays and joking about themselves. Even me, I was doing the same. They were also asking some questions – typical question for people who don’t know much about gays. How is it? When did you discover that? and all that kind of things. They also appreciated that I don’t mind either joking or questioning. I had a lot of fun to be honest. It was an enlightening experience. Not only because of that but also because after first extremely boring meeting I didn’t want to see them anymore (they were nice but there was no connection). My friend however almost forced me to go for the second meeting. I did that and appeared them with a pissed off expression of the face. However, I decided to give them (and myself) a chance and initiated some discussion. Then the whole gay stuff began. It was really crazy and funny. I had so much fun. I also impressed them by the way I was participating in the discussion and having a huge distance to myself and being able to make fun of myself or laugh at their jokes. It also taught me not to judge people by the first impression and give a chance later (I mean that I didn’t like them at the beginning because the first meeting was so boring). It totally worked out.

At some point they were so excited about the interaction with me that they were all trying to talk to me at the same time and I couldn’t focus on listening to all of them. I was in the middle of the attention. I’d never had such a cool interaction and connection with so many straight guys at the same time. It was a new experience. Challenging my worldview. It was like meeting of two different cultures (gay & straight) and finding common language. Bridging the gap between them. I usually don’t have this kind of connection with most of straight guys (however, actually it’s recently started changing – I have one straight friend who always listens to my stories with guys and I always listen to his stories with girls – we’re always attentive with a lot of ideas how to solve situations). I must have more straight male friends ;)

No comments: