Friday, November 14, 2008

'the word is not enough'

Saying ‘I love you’ is a very special moment in any relationship. When it is said for the first time it becomes a very memorable moment. In my previous relationships I would wait long enough to say these words (sometimes the words were never said because the relationships were broken way earlier…). With James, I would just say that whenever I felt that way which was quick. Did I decide that to say this? Or did it just happen itself? I really don’t care.

I suppose the most stressful moment is when you say it the first and then you wait for the reply. James said back the ‘love’ word which obviously made me very happy. But later he would sometimes use ‘like you’ again. Sometimes like, sometimes love. I would always find it weird but didn’t want to bring up this issue (don’t want to act like a drama queen even tough I am one – just not to make it even worse than it is). Then he would also often use the ‘we are dating’ expression. With my far from being perfect/fluent knowledge of English I was pretty confused. Are we in a relationship or are we dating? Isn’t the relationship thing more serious than dating? He then explained me that even tough he would use dating he meant relationship.

The end of my like/love dilemma was when he said he liked his mum. Parents are supposed to be loved and not liked. I am sure he loves her but he just didn’t express it properly. And then it occured to me that I always say ‘I love you’ to all of my friends. To James as well. So what is love? What is like? What is dating? What is a relationship? Where are the differences?

I guess that human emotions and feelings are so complex that no language on this world can properly express them. So why should we care about words? Feelings are way more important.

And those I feel and I get are more than fabulous.

:)

No comments: