Monday, November 17, 2008

'a view to a love'

Before the dramatic James-never-called-drama that happened 2 days after I left the European-Asian city where he lived and the same drama that turned out to be my wild imagination I had spent a lot of great time with him in that unquestionably beautiful city.

I went there once almost one and half year ago and did all the must-see touristic places (I started this blog there!!). Last week I decided to ignore the city. When James was at work, I was sleeping till noon then had an afternoon rendez-vous with him (if you know what I mean :) and a lunch together. Later, I was hanging out in different cafes all over the city and reading an amazing book (‘The Kite Runner’ by Khaled Hosseini).

Everything was perfect.

I got to meet his new colleagues and as usually I liked them all. I liked his new flat. I got a lot of assurance from him regarding our common future. We even had our first clash (not the drama I had already written about) and again thanks to honest and sincere communication we ended up totally reconciled with some learning for the future and knowing each other a bit more. I am fine with the fact that clashes will always be part of any relationship but I cannot stand that some people do not know how to handle them later. Luckily, neither James, nor me are those people.

During the last day, we took a boat and went to the neighboring islands. We ended up on the biggest one with picturesque architecture, breathtaking views of his city from the top of the hill, no cars but only the culture of biking. We biked until the top, where an old monastery/church was build centuries ago. We sat on the edge of the hill and watched the tank ships moving and the magnificent view of the city in the distance. To make it even more romantic we decided to go back to this place whenever we were in the city.

Probably, the amazing day and the great previous days made us not want to part, then sad about that and voila! - Another drama began (starting with the when-do-we-get-married question). That drama was also quickly solved and now I know I have nothing to worry about. I will see him on Christmas and New Year’s Eve again.

Last night conversation with some friends of mine about long distance relationships only assured me how very lucky I had been with James for almost 5 months of constant physical separation and despite that the relationship is going very well. Most of people either break up or go through very difficult times. I do not have either of those. And I will not have them. And the most important thing is that even though the distance is hard to deal with, I know I love him, I know he loves me. That makes it way more bearable.

How lucky I am!

No comments: