Friday, November 14, 2008

'from Europe/Asia with love'

You are the drama queen. Young and sweet! Only 24!

Gmail is genius! Did you hear me laugh at gmail because it popped up the stupid ‘dating without drama/he never called’ ad? I am telling you! Gmail knows what it’s doing. I deserved this ad. Because I am a drama queen.

Read the story.

I went to see James in the country where he lives now – right on the border between Asia and Europe. I was there for six days. We spent a fabulous time and all was perfect. Last evening just before going to the airport, we were tired, stressed (long story but unimportant here) and sad because of my departure. I was trying to keep the conversation and I asked the inevitable question. It was half seriously, half in jest. ‘When do we want to get married?’ If it was seriously then I only wanted to know whether he was a marrying type. I did not want to propose to him (we both think it’s too early now). But he got kind of pissed off and replied ‘ehhmmm, in 2050’. I got sadly quiet. He noticed that of course. Later, we clarified that issue and he eventually said he would marry the person he thought would be the one. And for the moment I have good chances to become the one. I should feel safe. Then he saw me off to the airport and sent a sweet message at the end just after I disappeared in the departure gate. The next day I called to get even more sufficient evidence of how insignificant the ‘2050’ reply was. All should be fine.

But…
No message yesterday during the day. I started getting worried. Had I scared him off? It is really hard to hear from someone that you have scared him/her off. When it happens you usually get no contact from the person and that’s how you get the confirmation that you have actually successfully scared someone off. So I had all those thoughts yesterday. I analyzed it with my friends. I talked about it. I asked questions. They asked me after hearing that everything was actually going fine: ‘so what is actually wrong?’ I replied: ‘he didn’t call or text me today’. They gave me a lot of support and objective opinions. I shouldn’t be worried at all according to them. But still… I was worried. Somewhere deep inside I couldn’t get the thing out of my head. Was he out of love for me?

And then I got a text message from an unknown number from the country on the border of Europe and Asia. It was from James. It read: 'Hey, I wanted to send you a note to let you know I was thinking of you. I am out of credit. Love you'. You can imagine how happy it made me, can’t you?

He was not out of love. He was out of credit.

I am a pathetic, foolish boy. And I am loved.
The former is funny. The latter is fabulous.

No comments: