Sunday, November 23, 2008

'the living nightlights'

I met with a friend. She is of my nationality and I met her a few weeks ago. She is very cool and we spend great time whenever we meet. Last evening, I went to her place accompanied by a bottle of wine and some Turkish fast food to deal with my hunger. We were together at her place for almost five hours speaking about social life of the city we live in, must-know partying people, our experiences with men, friendships etc - totally SATC conversations. You know I love that.

After hearing some experiences of hers and of some of the people she knows and after telling her about the 'issues' I had in my relationship I realized how unmeaning my issues were.

When we finished the second bottle of red wine I headed back home. Accompanied by the nightlights of the city where I live in. It was surprisingly great to walk down the streets at night even though it was not the first time I had done that. I called James but he did not pick up after two trials. I was on the Square of Liechtenstein when I called him for the third time. I said to myself: 'please answer this phone - this is such a beautiful square of my city. I love this place'. When I was here waiting in my car for this friend three weeks ago I thought that I had an amazing life and that I was extremely happy with all I have - I thought about it on this place. I stopped and I thought about it again: 'please, answer the phone'. He answered the phone. I told him I loved him. He told me the same. For the rest of my way home, I wasn't walking home. I was flying home. I was literally flying on my way home. As if I had wings. I was drawing hearts of the snow on the cars. Around five hearts on five cars. And the sixth one was the biggest - it was on the roof of my car.

Just before getting home I just opened my hair, shook my head and spread my hair all over my head and face. I jumped happily. I got inside and went to bed. I received a text from James saying 'thank you for the call. I love you'

I fell asleep.

No comments: