Friday, January 23, 2009

'octo-PUSSY'

A few days ago, I spoke on Facebook with my North African ex. He is in a relationship now. His boyfriend lives and studies in his city but is originally from another North African country. Unfortunately, they will have to switch to long-distance relationship soon. His boyfriend is moving back to his country and my ex will start his masters in Europe. I asked the standard question I always ask in such situations - what will happen with your relationship now? The answer I got was 'we don't know, we don't speak about it now and do not intend to do so, our relation will inevitably change but we will definitely stay in touch...'. 

'Is that all there is?' I thought. Isn't there any desire and willingness to fight for it? I know it is often about families and the society but don't they have guts to challenge themselves and try to make it work? And if there is no will then why are they together? What is the point of such a relationship? Fun? The feeling or having someone even if it is only for a limited period of time? What feelings do they have towards each other? I really cannot understand it...

The conversation continued but suddenly it was interrupted... My ex said 'listen I am having a terrible diarrhoea. I don't know if I will make it to the toilet'
There was no way we could continue the conversation. All the topics literally floated away with the liquid #2.
It is so good I am only friends with him now.

No comments: