Friday, January 2, 2009

'all I want for Christmas is you' - part deux

James has just left today - back to his city on the border between Europe and Asia. He had been here with me for nine amazing days. 

I guess it was the best days we had spent together since we started our relationship. The fact that none of us had holidays helped a lot.

He arrived on the 23rd. The night before, I called him and he terrified me saying he had just got an email saying his flight had been cancelled. I freaked out. He calmly said not to worry and the next day I got another message saying he should be in my city before noon which was earlier than he was supposed to arrive. It calmed me but I was still uncertain whether I would spend this Christmas with him or by myself. The next day knowing that he would arrive during my working hours and being aware that I could not leave the office because of a training I informed the ladies at the reception that I would have a guest arriving. To my happiness I got a call from them saying that my guest had just arrived. It was great to see him. I took him to a café at my office and returned to the training. During the lunch break I drove him home. Then I came back to the office and was counting minutes to the end of the working day. The next day we had the Christmas Eve dinner. At the beginning I realized that it would be my first Christmas dinner without the 'big family' atmosphere. Just me and another person. He felt sort of weird too. It freaked me out but after a great food together, exchange of presents and most of all the fact of spending this magic time with my boyfriend I understood how amazing that evening was.

The rest of our time together was incredible too. Visiting the nice cities around the country, meeting up with some friends and making new ones, sleeping till noon, watching movies, having great sex etc Another thing was the trip to Paris. It was very sweet but also cliché. The whole city is very cliché so why couldn't we be this way too? It was wonderful. We saw the Eiffer Tower, Montmartre, Champs Elysées and all the other must-see places. We walked along the Seine hand in hand and kissed on the bridges over the river. Life is a movie, isn't it?

We had a lot of fun, some serious conversation on the future but also some small dramas and annoying moments. All I know is that I don't want him for Christmas only. I also want him for the rest of the year. And the coming years too.

No comments: