Wednesday, July 2, 2008

how I met James Bond



St Valentine's day this year


My friend invites all her friends over to have couple of drinks before going to dance in a nightclub. I am there and he is there. To be honest I barely remember him. He sits far from me and talks to someone else. I remember his face but not really talking to him.


End of February

It might seem a bit unusual but we both are chosen to be extras in a Hollywood production shot in the neighboring city. We meet at the costumes fitting. He says he rememberes me. And for me his face is familiar too. We both figure out that we saw each other at our friend's place about two weeks earlier.


Beginning of March


The movie filming goes on. I keep seeing him a lot of times and we once sit together on the bus driving us for the movie filming and he tells me some stories about his home city. I figure out that we are neighbors living in the same area of the city. It is then when his friend calls him James Bond. She soon becomes one of my best friends.


March, April, May


We often end up at the same crazy parties thrown by internationals living in our city. The expats community is pretty small and everyone knows everyone. People are awesome despite age or material or marital status. Me and him do not go out together but rather meet each other at these parties. I give him the address of this blog and I know he follows it. He once invites me for a small drink with his friends at his place.


16-23 June


My last week there.
Monday evening. I decide to cook something for 4 of my girlfriends. I am pretty stressed because it is the first time I actually cook for so many people. I am also tired after the long day. The food is delicious and everyone enjoys it. I am relieved. One of them proposes to go out to our favorite bar/restaurant with live music. No one really wants. I hesitate. I tell her to drive me back home. On the way there, I change my mind. I sit at the table with the friends of my friend. I am still tired and kind of cannot catch the connection with people. I am a bit bored. Then I see James Bond coming and I think that at least I can talk to him and say good bye before I leave the country the next week. We start talking and drinking. And talking and drinking. About love, sex, life, relationships etc. Usual SATM conversations. Then I asked him if he ever had sex with a guy. He does not feel comfortable but he admits that he did. I think that he is a straight guy who was just curious to taste a man. That's ok. My gay radar sucks as you can see. Then he says he wants to finish the party but not necessarily finish the night. He gives me that look. I know what is going on. We go to his place. A fabulous night. Then we have a breakfast on the beach. We talk a lot. I spend with him my last 7 days and 7 nights. We go out together and introduce each other our friends. During the last days, we start talking about us. And then we decide to be together. Despite the distance that will soon part us. We are in touch everyday. We wil see each other in September. And then more times later. When we see it is working out we will try to find a common country to live in. Doesn't really matter for me where...

I am so happy!

No comments: