Friday, February 6, 2009

'the straight guy who saved me'

Some weeks ago, my friends and I went out to our favorite spot – ‘Kingston’. If you want to spend a great Thursday evening and night you should definitely be there. Whenever you enjoy yourself there you will always be accompanied by your old friends with a high chance possibility of make new ones. So it was an ordinarily great night in Kingston with the same fabulous crew. One of the frequent party-goers who never misses Kingston – R. (male) introduced me to his fabulous straight guy-friend (W.). Some other people and we were having great time together.

In the meantime another guy (S.) that I had seen a few times came up to me and we talked for a while. It turned out his company had organized a party for the employees and it was just taking place upstairs. He disappeared only to show up again a while later and he introduced me to his work-mate who was obviously gay (I guess my gay radar gets better). The gay guy (he confirmed that pretty soon) was nice. Unfortunately for him and many other people, he got really drunk later. He started hitting on me. Having realized he would not achieve anything he started dancing with my girl-friend W. and she later told me he had confessed her that he would fall for her if he was straight. Surprisingly (or not?), it did not flatter her. For the rest of the night he remained drunk and whenever I was near to him he would say (rather scream) to me things like ‘oh my God. I am normally not that drunk. I am so sorry. Will you forgive me? I am so pathetic.’ or ‘I like you so much but I know you have a boyfriend so I will not do anything because I respect you.’ or ‘I think I am falling in love with you.’ or ‘oh don’t look at me. I am so short and fat. But believe me! I used to be slimmer but it’s just recently that I gained weight.’ Apparently they guy had a problem with low self-esteem and was not able to express it in a decent manner (or simply keep it for himself). Not to be in a weird and uncomfortable situation while dancing next to him, I was lucky to have my two fabulous straight guy-friends close to me and I immediately ran away to dance with them. It was a great feeling to do that. No unnecessary sexual tensions and great, spontaneous, unpretentious fun.

Last night, S. was in Kingston again. We spoke and he told me about the gay-guy. He was apparently telling everyone he had fallen in love with me. It was only then when I realized that it was truth. On Facebook, I saw that (yes, I added the gay-guy… I did not know why I had done that but now I guess it had been out of pure sympathy) he started dating someone and changed his status. This triggered some random comments from his friends. One of his friends wrote my name (misspelled!). I have commented it that too… just to correct my name.

Why are gay people I usually meet so unattractive (and I do not mean physically) or bizarre? Actually it might be better for me – fewer temptation for me…

No comments: