Thursday, February 12, 2009

save the drama for your mama

It has been a bit difficult to be in touch with James recently. I started my evening language classes twice a week and on the other days I go out quite often. And so does he.  We usually skype very late when we are both tired. 

On Monday, I was having a break between my language class when by total chance I met an old friend and decided to have a drink with her. In the meantime James texted me and asked whether I would be home anytime soon. I replied that I would be a bit later than expected. He said he would see his friend who had just broken up with his girlfriend because he obviously did not really seem to be doing well. So we both decided to skype a bit later than initially planned. I came back home but he was not there yet. Then I fell asleep and read a message in the morning. James was apologizing but he stayed over his friend much longer than he had thought. I was a bit upset and annoyed but did not send him anything. We spoke the day after and although I admitted having been annoyed a bit when he asked me about that, none of us actually cared about that.

I suspected another big drama last night. I went out with two friends of mine for an exhibition of 'attainable art' as it was called. We had a good time but at some point one of my friends annoyed me with her behavior and somehow I was not in a good mood anymore. James texted me when we were about to go home and I replied that I would call him on skype very soon. Unfortunately, it took me more than an hour to drive my friends to their places. Then I rushed home and tried to call him on skype. He was not answering. I tried on his mobile. Once with no reply. The second time he rejected. The third time as well. 'Oh yeah? You are mad at me because I did not go back home on time? Fine!' I thought to myself and violently threw my mobile on the other side of bed. I texted him 'could you answer my call, please?' I called again and this time I got him. The reason for rejecting or not answering was that... he was sleeping and when I woke him up he just pressed the red button instead of the green one. By chance as he was very sleepy. He said 'why would you think I would not answer your call? I am not the 'easily-getting-offended' type of a guy'.

And I am a drama queen.
I will not however save the drama for my mama. Because my mama would not be able to put up with the huge amount of the drama that her son keeps creating...

No comments: