Tuesday, July 21, 2009

June nights are hot!

My life has been like a roller coaster recently. A bit of bitterness and a bit of sugar. I don't think it has ever been so dynamic over such a small period of time.

Within one short month, I lost one job (that I hated) got a new one (highly likely to be much more interesting), lost James as my boyfriend and moved back to Northern Africa. I still cannot believe in all of that happening so rapidly.

It was the month of June. The hot month of June. And it had a very surprising ending.

Before James broke up with me he had booked tickets to come over to Europe and see me. He planned it for the last weekend of June. After breaking up, we both decided (not right away but after some time) that we would not cancel that visit. He wanted to come and I wanted to see him. Despite the fact that it is generally thought that such meetings shortly after breaking off a relationship are not healthy and reasonable. But who says we were reasonable?

But some new facts had to be taken into consideration. They shadowed the trip.

It was just a few days before that last weekend that I was finally accepted for my new job in Northern Africa. And my new boss told me the trainings would start on the following Monday. Meaning I had to be there on Sunday. James was to arrive on Saturday morning and leave on Tuesday which was initially to give us three full days and four nights together. After my plans had changed it was only one day and not even a full night together as I had to leave home around 3h30 AM in order to catch the Sunday morning flight.

James was not happy about that but what could he say? It was because of the break-up that my future totally changed. And because of him that I went to Northern Africa again, instead of European-Asian city where he lives.

He arrived on Saturday, in the morning. I only was not frightened to receive him because I was sleeping after a long night of packing and meeting up with the Dutch guy prior to packing. The door bell rang, woke me up and I rushed upstairs to open the door. Within the next ten minutes we were kissing and making out in the bed. The 'don't have sex with your ex' rule sounds only good in theory. But it was not put into practise. Not exercising the rule on that Saturday morning was one of my most mind-blowing experiences in the past few months. It was so good to be in his arms... We spent the rest of the day out in the city and later with some friends of mine. A few of them got to meet my ex-boyfriend - a person they had heard of a lot in the past few months. And they were just introduced to him when he became my ex...

I was a bit worried about him staying alone in my emptied room but on the other hand I felt it would be a nice punishment for him for all I had to go through because of our break-up. He was indeed sad. The situation got even complicated when he had to cheer up and support my good friend when her boyfriend broke up with her. She promised James to hang out with him when I was already gone and it was on the same day that her boyfriend broke up with her. To make it more interesting it was the same friend who was with me when James broke up with me. And exactly four weeks later it was his role to be with her.

And the last dramatic/romantic/cheesy/meaningful aspect was the fact that our relationship sort of ended the same way it started. Exactly one year earlier, I was leaving Northern Africa for Europe, just having commenced the relation with James. Getting on a train, saying goodbye, leaving him, the place where I had lived for the last year and not being sure how it all would evolve. A year later, I was again leaving Europe, just having ended the relation with James. Getting on a taxi, saying goodbye, leaving him, the place where I had lived for the last year and not being sure how it all would evolve.

But that time it was much better. Because I was returning to Northern Africa.

And nothing is better than that.

No comments: